Scope and content
This collection contains recordings of Council, Committee of Council, Finance Committee, Scientific Policy Committee, European Committee for Future Accelerators, Standing Consultation Committee, Finance Committee Working Group meetings... recorded on tapes and cassettes between March 1956 to present.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information
Nothing was destroyed.
Further accruals are expected.
System of arrangement
The original order has been preserved. There was no classification plan, but for the purposes of cataloguing the records have been divided into 22 major groups :
• 01 - Council
• 02 - Committee of Council, CC
• 03 - Finance Committee, FC
• 04 - Scientific Policy Committee, SPC
• 05 - European Committee for Future Accelerators, ECFA
• 06 - Standing Consultation Committee, SCC - Comité de Concertation Permanent, CCP
• 07 - Consultative Committee on Employment Conditions, CCEC
• 08 - Review of Employment and Social Conditions of CERN Personnel, RESCO
• 09 - Commission des Recours
• 10 - Caisse d'Assurances
• 11 - Rules and regulations
• 12 - Working Group
• 13 - Pensions
• 14 - Sécurité Sociale
• 15 - Staff Association
• 16 - Director General's meetings
• 17 - Tripartite Advisory Committee on Conditions of Employment, TRACE
- Tripartite Employment Conditions Forum, TREF
• 18 - Investment Committee
• 19 - Colloquium
• 20 - Miscellaneous
• 21 - Finances
• 22 - Technology Transfer Task Force, TTTF
• 23 - Scientific Conference
• 24 - Audio Archive
• 25 - Oral History
Conditions governing access
See file level description and the CERN operational circular No 3: rules applicable to archival material and archiving at CERN. In general, records on any subject that are over 30 years old, and all records of a purely scientific nature, may be consulted.
Conditions governing reproduction
Copyright is retained by CERN, no reproduction without permission.
Language / scripts of material
Most of the material is written in English.
Listed to item level in the CERN Archive Database.