CERN-Conseil-S/001 to CERN-Conseil-S/083 (ongoing)
CERN-Council-S/001 to CERN-Council-S/083 (ongoing)
Archives of European Strategy Session of Council
July 2006 - Present
Level of description
Extent of the unit of description
98 Items (ongoing)
Name of creator
European Strategy Session of Council
The CERN Council launched at its June and September meetings in 2005 a process to define a European strategy for particle physics in order
• to enhance the visibility of existing European particle physics programmes;
• to foster increased collaboration among Europe's particle physics laboratories and institutes;
• to promote a coordinated European participation in world-wide projects;
• to reiterate the CERN Council's 2004 position on the European the International Linear Collider;
• to encourage knowledge transfer to other disciplines, industries, society;
• to outline priorities, at least implicitly;
• to consider time scales;
• to follow a thematic or project approach, whichever is more appropriate
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Received from the Council Secretariat
Scope and content
The original order has been preserved. The items in this collection were created for and from the meetings of the European Strategy Session of Council. The usual documents are lists of participants, agendas, minutes, progress reports and drafts of all these documents.
Accruals are received regularly, soon after they are produced.
System of arrangement
Items are first arranged by language (English, French) and then numerical and chronological order.
Conditions governing access
See file level description and the CERN operational circular No 3: rules applicable to archival material and archiving at CERN. In general, records on any subject that are over 30 years old, and all records of a purely scientific nature, may be consulted.
Conditions governing reproduction
Copyright is retained by CERN, no reproduction without permission.
Language / scripts of material
Most of the material is written in English and French.
Listed to file level in the CERN Archive Database.