Submit your thesis
CERN Library collects theses related to all CERN activities. The Theses collection is made up of some 10,000, mainly PhD, theses.
Submit your thesis to the CERN Document Server (CDS)
By submitting your thesis, it will become easy accessible for all members of the community. CDS offers augmented accessibility to the information compared to thesis only stored at university servers.
The Operational Circular no. 6 requires every CERN Author to submit a copy of their scientific documents, theses included, to CDS.
Who should submit their thesis?
- Students paid by CERN (CERN Doctoral Student Program)
- Students having used CERN equipment
- Students advised by CERN staff
Old or new undergraduate and graduate (Diploma, Bachelor, Master, PhD, etc) theses are accepted.
Examples of theses to be submitted to CDS:
- Theses processing ATLAS data or ATLAS code
- Theses related to beamtime or beam optics in the SPS north area
- Theses evaluating any workflows or processes at CERN (not necessarily related to physics, engineering or IT)
>How to submit
- Check first if the thesis is already registered in the Theses collection
- Theses written by the CERN Doctoral Students can also be seen in the sub-collection CERN Doctoral Student Program Theses
- Use the:
] Good to know
- You can only submit if you have an active CERN user account.
- If you do not have a CERN account, or you have any questions or encounter submission problem, please contact us: @email
Don’t forget to attach your file (PDF preferred), and indicate:
- The CERN department where you had written your thesis
- If your thesis was funded by a CERN programme (Administrative Student, Technical Student, Doctoral Student)
- If your thesis is related to a CERN experiment
- In case of corrections or a revised version, please do not make a new submission but send the new PDF or the corrections to: @email