In 2016, the CERN Management changed and adopted a new organizational structure.
CERN activities were regrouped into four sectors:
• Accelerator and Technology (AT)
• Finance and Human Resources (FHR)
• International Relations (IR)
• Research and Computing (RC)
The International Relations sector (IR) was responsible for contributing to and implementing the international relations strategy of the Organization, including: strengthening cooperation between CERN and its Member States; enhancing links with Associate Member States and Non-Member States; implementing CERN’s geographical enlargement policy; promoting the mission of the Organization through education, communication and outreach activities; and building partnerships with international organisations and other relevant stakeholders.
The IR sector comprised the following units:
• Member States
• Associate and Non-Member States
• International Organisations
• Other Stakeholders
• Education, Communication, Outreach (ECO)