Do you have records that may be of interest to the Archive?
- Contact your Departmental Records Officer or the Archivist
- Quick guide to Archival and Non-Archival Material
- Operational Circular No. 3 "Rules applicable to archival material and archiving at CERN"
- See also: pages for Departmental Records Officers
- American Institute of Physics (AIP) guidelines on Scientific Source Materials
Here are a few questions to ask when appraising records:
- Do they provide evidence of the origins, structure, functions, policies, decisions or significant operations of the person or body who created them?
- Do they give a good overview of the progress (achievements or problems) of the Department / Collaboration?
- Do they relate to significant changes in CERN's activities, processes or policy?
- Do they relate to a project that led to a "first of its kind" process, activity or result?