Welcome to the CERN Scientific Information Service website
CERN Library operation during COVID19 access restrictions
CERN Library reopened on 29 June 2020. We are here to inform you at the usual opening hours: Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
We ask our readers to respect hygiene measures: follow the signs, wear a mask at all times, disinfect their hands before touching the books and do not move the chairs.
The Library spaces are open, with less seats to respect social distancing. Distributors of hydro-alcoholic solution are available.
For personnel working remotely:
- You can still access the online collections without interruptions via CDS or any search engine.
- Access to resources that require the CERN network, is possible via the EZProxy service (see also here). From outside CERN, simply add this string at the beginning of the url: https://ezproxy.cern.ch/login?url=
- Some publishers have decided to open some of their resources during the epidemic, a complete list of the resources available for the CERN community has been compiled here.
- In case you need assistance in finding or accessing online documents, we will be happy to assist you Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 18:00 via e-mail or Mattermost
- Departing personnel who have books to be returned could send them back to CERN Library by snail mail. They should inform us of their departure and we will sign the termination sheet virtually.