Welcome to the CERN Scientific Information Service website
CERN Library operation during COVID19 access restrictions
Access to the Library online
- You can still access the online collections without interruptions via CDS or any search engine.
- Access to resources that require the CERN network, is possible via the EZProxy service (see also here). From outside CERN, simply add this string at the beginning of the url: https://ezproxy.cern.ch/login?url=
- Some publishers have decided to open some of their resources during the epidemics, a complete list of the resources available for the CERN community has been compiled here.
- In case you need assistance in finding or accessing online documents, we will be happy to assist you Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 18:00 via e-mail or Mattermost
Delivery and return of books and articles
- No borrowing of physical books is possible during the closure, but many books are available as ebooks.
- Departing personnel who have books to be returned should send them back to CERN Library by snail mail. They should inform us of their departure and we will sign the termination sheet virtually. All the other loans will be extended till the Library opens again.
- Delivery of articles from external libraries will continue, whereas no borrowing of documents from external libraries and no paper book purchase will be possible.
- Technical standards will be purchased in electronic form only.
Submission of documents and publishing
- Submission of documents to CDS will be possible and curation of records will go on as usual in CDS and INSPIRE. You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
- Questions related to payment of Open Access fees should be directed to us via e-mail to email@example.com or via Mattermost.
New bookLibrary location: 2-17 BUS
Library catalogue: http://cds.cern.ch/record/2285395In Signposts to God particle physicist Peter Bussey introduces readers to the mysteries of modern physics and astronomy. Written in clear, accessible prose, Bussey provides a primer on topics such as...
New bookLibrary location: 537.8 SIN
Library catalogue: http://cds.cern.ch/record/2285397This book is an introduction to the concept of symmetries in electromagnetism and explicit symmetry breaking. It begins with a brief background on the origin of the concept of symmetry and its...