According to the CERN Open Access Policy, all original articles with at least one CERN affiliated author have to be published open access (conference proceedings contributions excluded). To help authors in the field of instrumentation, a few central arrangements have been put in place. Regarding the technical aspects of the article submission, please find below a collection of clues and guidelines.
- EPJ Techniques and Instrumentation (Springer)
- Please contact us, if you want to submit an article to this journal
- IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science and other IEEE journals (IEEE)
- After acceptance, the authors will be prompted to choose their copyright license. They should select the CC-BY license. They will then enter the payment portal, and should select "IEEE Open Access Institutional Account" as their payment type. They will then be able to select CERN from the dropdown menu.
- Instruments (MDPI)
- Articles submitted in 2017 will be published in Open Access without any fee to be paid. Please follow the submission guidelines.
- Journal of Instrumentation (SISSA/IOP)
- CERN Authors need to notify JINST during the submission process. Authors will not need to sign the copyright form, as CERN research articles are covered by a collective license agreement.
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods Section A and Section B (Elsevier)
- During the submission process, the CC-BY License should be selected together with the option: "Funded by CERN".
If you wish to publish in any other outlet or for further questions, please contact email@example.com