Publishers and information providers are progressively strengthening authentication on their servers by introducing secure http. There is therefore a new authentication procedure to access online resources made available by the Library from outside CERN.
As a consequence, from now on, URLs of online resources (=articles, ebooks, databases) made available by the Library must, for remote access, be prefixed by: https://ezproxy.cern.ch/login?url=
Please note that this url prefix works whether you are located at CERN or outside CERN.
When you access the resources via the EzProxy, you need to login with you CERN Credentials.
|If you access the online resources directly from a Google search or any other web site, you must add the prefix: https://ezproxy.cern.ch/login?url= to the url of the resource.|
|As an example, to access this article:
You need to modify the url as follows:
|1- Drag this link to your Bookmark toolbar: CERN Library Proxy
1- Manually create a new bookmark:
with the name: CERN Library proxy
and the url:
(Make sure to copy the full url)
2- Go to the article or the ebook you need to access from any Google search or any other web site
3- Click on the “CERN Library proxy” bookmark you created
4- You will be prompted to enter your CERN credentials. This will reload the page, and you will be able to access the resource
|URLs of resources listed on the CERN Document Server or on the Library web site have been modified to make sure they are correctly formatted with the EzProxy prefix:|
|- Electronic journals
- Electronic books
- Dictionaries and encyclopedias
- Online databases
|- This service works for CERN Computer account only.
- The access will only work if the CERN Library has a subscription to the resource. Please check the availability on the CERN document server or on the Library resources webpage
- No authentification is needed for Open Access resources
- There is a small list of publishers for which the EzProxy doesn't work. Please consult this page to know more
- The old Proxy system will remain active for the time being, but please note that it doesn't work anymore for many resources. This service is not maintained anymore.
In case of any problem or to provide feedback, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org