History of the Scientific Information Policy Board (SIPB)
The Scientific Information Policy Board (SIPB) is the continuation of the Library Committee as of November 1989.
The Library Committee was continued by the Scientific Information Policy Board as of November 1989.
Former Library committee and SIPB chairmen
- Lew Kowarski
- Brian Montague (ISR)
- Massimiliano Ferro-Luzzi (EP): 1978-1989
- Maurice Jacob (TH): 1989
- John Ellis (TH): 1990-1994
- Walter Blum (EP): 1994-1997
- Gabriele Veneziano (TH): 1997-1998
- Rudiger Voss (EP): 1998-2002
- Guido Altarelli (PH/TH): 2002-2006
- Gigi Rolandi (PH/EP): 2006-2017
The CERN Reports Editorial Board (CREB)
CREB was a separate committee until May 2004. From this date onwards CREB was made a sub-group of the SIPB, responsible for the oversight of issues related to the CERN Yellow Reports series.
The Archive Committee existed from 1989 to 2004.
See current SIPB information
19 July, 2020